23 October 2005















For the first 4 seasons of Smallville, it aired opposite of what I was watching. And having decided years ago to avoid recording shows because basically, I would never find the time to watch them, I missed a lot of it. Though, when it aired on Tuesdays, I would catch an episode or two. Plus, while season one is fairly good, the bad guy (or girl)/ monster-of-the-week got boring after a while.

From then on, I would watch and occasionally record an episode. Mostly it was because Tom Welling was shirtless and while the show was supposed to be wholesome, Welling and a lot of the guest stars -like future Desperate Housewife co-star Jesse Metcalf -seemed to always be running around half naked.

Now that the show is on Thursday, I get a chance to watch it more, especially since I hate Survivor and think Joey and once brilliant Will & Grace have leached the humor out of the sitcom. The October 20th episode featured the appearance of Aquaman, played by some buffed guy named Allan Something or other. Anyway, his first appearance was at the beach, and while Welling still looks great shirtless and I could spend a month just looking at those bedroom eyes, I swear Welling looked pissed as all the girls swooned over AC.

For me, Smallville always looked campy, with the Clark and Lex relationship. These two actors work well together, they have chemistry and you so expect them to start snogging, especially in the heat of their arguments.

Well, despite Clark and Lex’s strange relationship, on that episode, when Lex is talking to the bound up Aqua Boy -who’s shirtless (of course), man I thought Lex was going lean over and kiss him. Or maybe, I just hoped he would.

Still, this Aquaman guy -who made an appearance on the last season of American Idol - has very little talent as an actor. But, I guess with a chest and ABS like he has, who really pays attention -beside me, who notices both - to his "acting". Ambercrombie will make him a household name before he’s remembered as an actor.

Of course, that’s what I said about Ian Somerhalder, but I got lost in those beautiful eyes and his way too perfect body and cheekbones you could grate cheese on.
Sigh.

No comments: