10 January 2006

New Doctor Who delayed

So, I was kind of excited that the BBC was reversing their decision to release the new Doctor Who on DVD here in the States. They had already said that they were going to put the region 1 version on sale in Canada -because the CBC was also airing the show - on February 14. And after not finding a network -cable or broadcast - to air the show here, they said that they would also let Americans have it on that same day.

Now, for weeks, I've been watching and waiting for the Amazon.com to actually put the set on pre-order. But every time I went there, I saw this:

Availability: NOT YET RELEASED: The studio is currently not producing this title, but to be notified when it is available, enter your e-mail address at right. You'll also be voting for this release; we'll let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title.

So, I went to the Canadian version of Amazon, but saw they didn't even post a thing about the release.

And now I know why. Thanks to tvshowsondvd.com, I discovered that the DVD release will be delayed here and most likely in Canada. No reason -as of yet - has been given for this delay, however there are two potential scenerios: 1), maybe that there is some manufacturing problem that is causing this change. 2), it is possible that a US sale of the show is near, and the release will be suspended as not to interfere with its sale.

I'm sure in the next few days, we'll have a clear picture. But, its still a disappointment.

No comments: