13 June 2006

Robert Asprin's Myth Adventures for sale


During the late 70s and 1980s, when I was reading almost every fantasy book that came out, I stumbled upon Robert Asprin. While I had always enjoyed the hardcore sword and sorcery work of Stephen R. Donaldson and, of course J.R.R.Tolkien, I also liked the lighter fantasy, such as David Eddings, Piers Anthony and Robert Asprin. And while I enjoyed Eddings, I never got into his later series of books, and Anthony just got too silly as I grew, his Xanth novels seemed to always be too juvenile, never "growing" up.

Between 1978 and 1994 he put out 10 volumes in trade paperback. While not all where brilliant, they kept me laughing. Eventually, after some personal problems in the later half of the 90s with the IRS, he would return to Myth books in 2003. I have yet to read them, cause while his name appears on the books, it looks like his "co-author" Jody Lynn Nyle actually wrote them.

Anyway the reason I bring this up is I’m selling all 10 volumes of this series. All are in good condition, all 1st editions. These versions are all out of print, by the way. If anyone wants them, I’m selling them for $10 a piece. Leave a message in the comment field.
Thanks

No comments: