30 June 2007

Full Moon Saturday

The final day of June reminds me of how fast the year has gone. Besides being my step-dads birthday, it also means that in a few weeks you'll begin seeing the days grow shorter as we head towards fall in September. Here, of course, that means nothing. No matter how short the days get, it will still be hot here until October at least.

Next week we could see triple digits here and in the valleys of LA. As much as I love it here, the real hot weather, the 100 plus days with no rain, or even a cloud in the sky, can be horrendous. But, I live in a desert, so what should I expect?

Rode my bike again, the fourth day I've done that in a row. This time, I decided to see how far the bike path that starts in Claremont goes to. Following it at a good pace, I eventually came to its end at Grove Avenue in Upland, about 8 miles from home -though it seems longer. There was a path sign that indicates that this path should eventually go all they way through to Rialto, deep in San Bernardion County. But it currently ends, this path does, at Grove Avenue. Construction is continuing, but it looks like it will be a while before its done.

I'm off to Target to spend money (jebus!!), but it's also to get out of the late afternoon heat.

But, at least there's a full moon tonight.

No comments: