24 July 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Been gone for a bit, as I had to finish this book.

A grand finale for a grand series, if I can say. It is an emotional ride, one filled with great loss and a few surprises. A bit overlong -especially during Harry and Hermione's flight from the Death Eaters, which seemed to go on and on - but I loved it.

The ending was a bit rushed, also, but the last chapter gave us a nice wrap up of everything -though I wished a little more inter-action with the Malfoy's would've been explained.

Still, a small quibble. These are, after all, children's books.

I wonder what JK Rowling has next in store for us?

I hope a new series, with new characters and new adventures.

Long live Harry Potter.


1 comment:

kenny said...

ya the ending was a little rushed. It was still great though. I want her to write about dumbledore and that grinderwald the dark wizard. I don't know how to spell his name.