05 August 2007

Friends

Back in early July, my friend Marc and his boyfriend Brad were in LA visiting a mutal friend - Jamie and her husband Andrew (who live across the street where Poltergiest girl Dominique Dunne was murdered in 1982 and where Jamie said people are always coming by photgraphing the driveway. Creepy). While the Sunday visit was short, I was very happy to see them both again.

I've known Marc since 1997, and he is the best kind a friend anyone can have, as he speaks his mind and is very honest with people. Plus, this man is a fountain of musical information. He loves it they way I love TV and movies. His encyclopedia knowledge is breathtaking, and he sure knows most trivia connected with the music industry.

He has this gregarious personality that makes people fall easily into his orbit, and like a true Virgo, once he choses you as a friend, it's for life.

I miss Marc immensely, even if in the last few years before I moved it would be a few months between visits. I have only a short list of people who I hold very dear to me, and Marc is one of them.

Of course, there are a few other Chicago guys I miss, most notably Dave and Andrew, who've I've known since 1992 (and who are a great example of a gay couple who've been together for years). Then there's Marty, the Chicago cop, always with a smile. My BFF David and his long-time friend David (yes, I seem to know a lot of gay men named David).

Someday, I'll blog about one guy, named Dennis. My oldest friend, who has since vanished from life after I outed myself to him. I've not seen or spoken to him in over 12 years, and I've know him since I was 5 or 6.

Sad, indeed.

Anyways, I've been wanting to say something about Marc and Brad's visit, but I kept forgetting.
Still, as mush as I miss him -and the rest of the usual suspects - I don't want to move back to Chicago. Even if things go wrong here, I'll stay on the west coast. I like the weather so much better (even the sometime annoying sunny days with high heat) and don't miss the cold spring days of the Windy City.

1 comment:

Dave said...

We miss you too, mister! Hopefully we can get out to see you this fall sometime. Kisses!