23 September 2007

Sunday in September


Saturday turned out to be what the first day of fall should be like, rainy and cool.

For the first time since April, most of Southern California got rain. Much needed, thank you. Of course, some of the burn areas of SolCal had some landslides of mud, but that is to be expected.

But it was nice, in one perspective, that even though a Saturday was rotten day to do anything out side, we got the much need rain. And to be honest, right now, I would not mind a better winter than we had last year.

Anyway, today is cool, yet sunny and the air is clear. If there is another advantage to the rain, it cleaned the stale, polluted air that has been hanging around for months.

The birthday week came to close, and while it was not great -which is why I don't usually celebrate it -I'm sort of happy I'm 45. Maybe.

After 6 weeks, I shaved off the beard. I got what I wanted it out of it: which was to see how white it was. I'm over that.

So while I hate to shave, I hate the white in my beard. So shaving wins.

One last thing, after months and months of putting it off (and for really, no reason), I got my car registered here in California. There's a whole, nightmare story that goes with it, but I won't go into that. Needless to say, it cost me big time to get it done.

I need a new job so something tlike this does not kill me financially. Or, more likely, I'll have to get a part-time job.

No comments: