16 December 2007

Theocratic Nation or Bust

I was passing through some of the Sunday morning political talk shows, and one thing everyone asked on each of them seemed to be who was the frontrunner in the GOP, after all, many consider Hillary Clinton to be the leader for the Dems. All came to the same conclusion -even FOX News guys - that the GOP had no real frontrunner, that it was a more or less a toss up. Of course, this shows how much confused the GOP is these days. Though, I'll give you the same thought that though Clinton remains the Dems choice, some might say she's not the best candidate. But they want at a Dem in the White House so bad, they're willing to give into Clinton.

So, the way I see it, maybe letting scary Mike Huchabee get the Republican nomination might not be so bad. As Andrew Sullivan put it "One wants to infuse politics with religion; the other wants to respect both, separately, and to keep religion private."

So, at the this point, while American claims they want a president that has a faith, they will see that both Huckabee and Romney want theocratic nation -something more than what even Bush wanted, and he was crazy with it. I think both of them could be worse than Bush.

But I also believe that in the end, people will accept a secular America, because I believe this was the Founding Fathers true ieda. I don't want God taken out of anything, as I have no real issue with it. But I do think to infuse both politics and religion together, sort of mix them together like a cocktail, is a huge mistake.

So, let Huckabee or even Romney win. Both will find themselves defeated next November then. In the end, their dream of a theocratic America will become the noose that'll hang them.

No comments: