09 January 2008

This and nothing


For some reasons, even though I lived alone for over a decade, when Bill is gone for a few days, this place is kind of creepy. I cannot put my finger on how or why, but I just feel weird being here all by myself. And its not like I feel the place has anything wrong with it, no ghosts or what not. And as long as there's no earthquake, this house does not shift or may odd noises.

When the avacado tree was up inbetween the two houses, you would occasionally here the thump , and then the quick role of them as they fell off their branch. But while at times that could be a bit disconcerting, it was never scary.

My cold, by the way, seems to be on the way out. At least I hope. I started feeling hinky on 12/31, and now its the 9th. So, about average length for me. On the scale of colds, this was rather mild. So, I got nothing to complain about. Still, I should be cautious, as we keeping passing this bug around like Halloween candy at work.

Quiet day, week, month so far. Filming continues on The Helena Chronicles 1.02 this Saturday -which may turn out to be a long day. But the good part: it should be warm and sunny. Temps in the 70's in January. Got to love California just for this.

Went and looked at a new bike today. I think I found what I want, now I got to figure out how to pay for it. Well, out of the $500 for it, $250 is covered by Bill's Christmas giftcard to me and the 50 bucks Mom and Dad sent to me.

I'm going to buy it, I guess. Just got to figure out how to pay off the balance.

Oh well, that's the way the world goes.

No comments: