10 February 2008

Sunday in SolCal


It was a great weekend, weather wise. After about 6 weeks of fair weather at best, and temps below normal, we had a Saturday and Sunday where temps reached the mid 70's. Today was just glorious and I spent the day walking around and finished reading Stephen King's Duma Key. I'm actually tired, soaking up the sun and getting somewhat clean air into my lungs.

Today would've been a great day to bike ride, but in the months since mine got stolen, I've missed it, but because of the weather, not that much. I do have another one on order, and it should be here if not this week, sometime next.

As the weather gets warmer and the days grow longer, I hope to ride my new bike everyday. But, I've said that before.

But, I was curious about the weather back in Illinois. At 5pm CT, it was -3. Here, at the same time, it was 69 (hit 74 today, 76 yesterday). Yep, I hate to rub it in, but damn, I'm glad I'm here.

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

Yeah, but spring means nothing to people there. At least here, we have the collective experience of rejoicing the end of winter. (That's what I keep telling myself anyway.)