11 March 2008

Geraldine Ferraro

So, Geraldine Ferraro speaks up, and tells Daily Breeze of Torrance, Calif that "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."

Some have called her out on that, but I think she has a point. Sure, its not all about race, but lets be honest folks, it is partly about race. I've spoken about Obama here before, mostly on what little record he actually has as the the freshman senator from my home state of Illinois.

I helped put him here today, yet his spotty at best record in the senate gives me trouble to think what he plans to do if he's elected president. I'm fine with a black man or woman or anyone of mixed race taking the highest office, I justr want them to stand on a real platform of explaining just what they intend to do once they hold that seat.

Obama has said nothing, beyond some very nebulas and trite answers as to what he'll do to help America.

I was not alive when Kennedy ran for president 49 years ago, but now I suspect why some people felt he was too young, too inexperienced to lead the nation. Of course, somewhat, he proved his critics wrong. Some still, and forever will, hate him.

I don't hate Obama, I just feel he needs a few more years in the senate to show us what he can do. I challenge anyone to give me information on what he has done as a senator. What he has done to help Illinois. Where's his record?

If this is not about the first really viable African American man running for the White House, what is it then? Race is the central issue here, and I think alot of folks are voting for him because of his race.

Because I don't see them voting for him because of his experience. He has all of about 3 years as a senator.

And that is his record. I'm not impressed.

But go on, deny, deny, deny. Ferraro is a smart cookie. She knows the score and so do I.

No comments: