02 March 2008

Random Sunday

Sunday was the better day of the two weekends, but still a bit cool. We did get into the upper 60's with a light wind.

Anyways, had to got to Pasadena to film one pick-up shot for Helena Chronicles 1.02. I suppose I could've not gone, after all the director was there. But as usual, my sense of finishing my job over took the logic that it could've been handled without me. The AD job, at times, can be a little useless. Usually, you're ordering lunch and trying to keep the schedule moving.

Whene I got back, around noon, I did the dishes and decided to go bike riding. The sun was out and despite the coolness, I could not complain. Yesterday was such a bummer, so there.

Next Sunday, besides being the start of Daylight Savings, is also one of the longest shoots of year, as episode 4 of Odyssey's first season begins. As noted, I'm not doing anything with this episode, which fills me with some happiness, yet the feeling of not "being" there and missing things. I sense I will go there, but spend only a few hours there. I'll play that by ear, as the saying goes.

Speaking of Daylight Savings, I still feel odd starting it 3 weeks earlier than usual. Don't get me wrong, like most other people, I enjoy the extra hour of light, but dred the loss of that sleep. And I think the only people who really hate it, are the ones who need to be up super early. Hell, when I leave at 5:30 and see traffic, I'm amazed at how many people are up earlier than me.

People who get up at 7 or 8 to be at work at 9 really should not complain. But they do.

And for Midnight Roamer, Daylight Savings must be a pain in the ass.

No comments: