01 April 2008

Leno apologizes

Nearly two weeks later, Jay Leno has apologized for his comments on his show.

When actor Ryan Phillippe appeared on his show, Leno asked the actor to look at the camera and give it his "gayest look." You see, one of Phillippe's earliest roles was a gay teen on the soap One Life to Live.

That one incident sparked Avenue Q creator Jeffy Whitty to post about it on his blog, ending with a picture of him giving Leno the middle finger, saying that this was his "gayest look."

As only that can happen in this internet age, mygayestlook.com was born. Nearly 400 people submitted photo's (including yours truly) to the site, giving Leno our "gayest look."

Now, with some help from here (let's hope) and a little pushing from GLAAD, Leno said he was sorry.

"In talking about Ryan's first role, I realize that what I said came out wrong," Leno said. "I certainly didn't mean any malice. I agree it was a dumb thing to say, and I apologize."

I can and will accept the apology. However, he's still not funny.

No comments: