19 April 2008

Saturday in the Life


I have so many plans.

I've got a pile of shirts that need to be ironed. And I hate to iron, but because I care about how I look, I just can't pull the damn things out of the dryer and put them on. I have to iron them. It's my thing.

So, they've been sitting there, just gathering dust, as I had more and more. I wanted to do them today, but after coming back from Starbucks (and talking with a group of "regulars" that go there), I came home.

And suddenly, I didn't want to do them. I thought about going on a bike ride, but as predicted, the on shore breeze made the sun play cat and mouse with clouds, and the cool winds blew strong. I know that's an excuse, and I can deal with that.

I realize I'm motivated by other people. Because I'm limited to friends here -when not filming on HF related productions - I've got no one to push me to do anything. I've got no friends who'll call me up and say, let's go biking. So, I find excuses not to do it.

Bill went off to work, but even he's less motivated than me.

I did finished Company, which turned out nice. I sat outside, in the sun. But because it was also pretty cloudy, when the sun vanished behind a cloud, you could really feel the cool winds. It was distracting, so I came in and finished reading it on the couch.

After grabbing dinner at In & Out (while I love this place, the fast foods name is pretty oxymoronic {?}), I watched the season finale of Torchwood. While this Doctor Who spin-off has not struck a cord with me, I find the show interesting. And season two is, perhaps, better than the uneven first season. Still, I'm unsure how things will be resolved for season three, as Exit Wounds was, as they say in the biz, a shocker. Of course, I may have just made that up.

No comments: