08 April 2008

Spring is currently sucking

So, day 6 of cool, cloudy days here. Yep, thought I would never whine about the southern California weather, but there you go. Sure, the sun has been out here and there, playing like a two year-old who's discovered the peek-a-boo is really fun, but its never out for long, and the breezy winds from the ocean, sent through the hills, have made the I.E. just a bummer to live in. Oh sure, can't complain about the weather too much, as after all, it's still fairly cool back in Chicago, where my family is wishing for 60's without winds off the lake or the skies opening with an ocean of rain.

Then there's Tornwordo, who does not have any sympathy for me, as he's living up in Montreal, where it's still snowing. He's from this area, and I think -kidding of course - he thinks I'm a bit silly bitching about the cloudy, cool days (get well, Torn)

Now, I do feel sorry for him. Really.

Snow really sucks, and even if I can no longer live here, I'm never going to live in Chicago again. I'll move to Texas before that happens. Though, I really probably stay in the Southwest someplace, like Arizona or New Mexico.

But these last few days have ironically, reminded me of my old home town during the spring. Which is why, maybe, I'm on about it -though we could use the rain.




1 comment:

tornwordo said...

If I remember correctly, this is just the beginning of the June gloom. It's called June gloom but it always starts in April. Supposed to be 62 degrees here today, halleluyah!