15 July 2008

Lost on an Empty Sky

So, Brit Hume is reducing his workload at FOX News by the end of the year, when his contract is up. He is quoted as saying that he's "been doing this a long time, and it's just not as fascinating to me as it used to be. Look, journalism is a lot about enthusiasm. You have to have it. I find I am no longer as interested in politics as I was."

I can actually understand that, but apply it to my work. I've been working retail and the book business for far too long, and it has lost all of its appeal. I find it harder and harder every day to get up and go there. And I'm no longer interested in what my company says anymore, and no longer care what my RM's and DM's say.

I'm bored and feel that I no longer can be challenged. I've learned all that I can, but to achieve anything more there, I need to sell my soul to the Gods of Demographic Numbers.

And that is something I'm unwilling to do.

Oy!

I need to win the lottery and open my own business.

No comments: