23 October 2008

Movie: Dance of the Dead (DVD 2008)


PK loves horror movies. He loves them with a passion. I, however, find them dull and pointless.

So, last night I was invited over to JT and Adams house to watch the horror/comedy, Dance of the Dead with PK, another guy named David, and Tim. I do trust PK when it comes to films, though, as he went to film school and knows a great more about them than me.

So, when he told me I would like this, I nodded and secretly hoped for the best.

An American high school prom in Georgia is unexpectedly interrupted when a graveyard, next to a nuclear power plant, becomes the sudden source of resuscitated cadavers. As zombies march on the high school, a motley group of dateless teenage outcasts take on the zombies and save the day.

Surprisingly, the low budget film works on a few good levels, mostly the story and acting from a set of newcomers. I mean, I kinda expected a cheesy zombie movie, but was blown away by the sharp writing, character development, great make-up effects and all around affection for the geeks.

No comments: