24 November 2008

Pappa, can you hear the rain?

So, I'm sitting here, waiting for the rain. I know, my pathetic life. Still, rain here in SoCal is always a big event. Still, despite the dire warnings being issued by all the weather casters here, I'll not believe a word of it until I see the rain touching the ground before my eyes.

See, the other aspect of rain here is that it hardly ever covers the entire area. The foothills and the mountains prevent a lot of rain coverage, creating areas that get a lot, to some that get barely a drop.

Which means maybe only 20 miles north of me could see inches of rain, and I could see very little or none at all. Still, we need the rain. It's dry as a bone here, but if we get too much we end up a year from now battling the wildfires. It's a damn, vicious circle.


1 comment:

tornwordo said...

Rain is a big event there, but people still find it a topic to complain about. I hope you get a bunch and that it doesn't fizzle out on you.