28 August 2008

Travel plans and what's with another hurricane?

It was three years ago this week that I left Illinois, arriving in Southern California on September 1st.

On September 13, I fly to the Chicago area for a visit. Part of my reasons for going is that it's been 2 1/2 years since I've seen most of my family (I came back six-months after I left due to the death of my younger sister's husband). Another is that when I return, I hope to ramp up my desire to get out of Borders.

I'll be celebrating my birthday while I'm there, along with my nephew, who'll have number 21 the day after mine. Also, my friend Marc also has a birthday while I'm there, and hope to spend time with him, his boy friend and the rest of my friends.

Anyways, the reason I posted about this is that when I left, Hurricane Katrina was just starting to hit New Orleans. When I got here, I watched all the coverage. It was depressing. Now three years later, almost exactly the the same week, another hurricane is threatening the Gulf Coast, this time its Gustav.

Weird that I would choose almost the same to travel, even though its hurricane season.

Anywho, that's it. I have many stories about Borders, but I'm really done complaining about how stupid they are and how they deserve to fail. There recent release of 2 quarter sales was less than impressive.

I still predict that they'll file for bankruptcy in March 2009.

I'll blog about this later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Your coming! Can't wait to catch up with you.