02 February 2009

25 Things about...Me

From my Facebook:


1. When I was a 6 or 7, I was put in a “special school” due to having difficulties dealing with my fathers death. I was one year behind in school for the rest my schooling.
2. That one thing, that feeling of always being behind, has been with me all my life.
3. I did not start reading books until I was a freshman in High School.
4. I read almost every Agatha Christie book during that first year.
5. I fell in love with my best friend, and it ruined our friendship.
6. I’m a fairly blunt person. But its usually because I’m right when I am.
7. I can’t sing, but that does not stop me from turning up the tunes and singing along.
8. I’ve always wanted to be a writer. But I can’t seem to put what I have swimming in my head down onto paper.
9. I went to England in 1987 -it remains the best vacation I ever took.
10. I bring a book with me everywhere I go.
11. I like playing Sudoku, but find even the moderate ones hard to do.
12. I was born with Pectus Excavatum -look it up, folks, and go to Youtube -you can see others with this.
13. I want to live by the ocean
14. I never want to leave California, but I fear I will have to because of the expense.
15. Like singing, I can’t really act. But that I wish I could.
16. I sometimes wish my mother and I could be better friends.
17. While my brother and two sisters got my fathers good cheekbones, I was stuck with my mothers side of the family; sagging face and no chin line.
18. I started to go grey when I was 30.
19. I fear hospitals and doctors.
20. I believe in God, but not have no faith in organized religion.
21. As matter of fact, I find organized religion to be the danger to ones mental health.
22. And I fear death.
23. I miss my friends in Chicago, and wish they were closer -in both distance and heart.
24. I did not see Star Wars (Episode IV) until the summer of 1979 -the year I fell in love with sci fi.
25. I’m afraid of success.

No comments: