18 May 2005

Lost, on an empty sky

As I continue into month four of unemployeement, I wonder why I can't get a job. Well, I still work part-time at Borders, but my hours have been cut and that eats into what I can do (cause I still have unemployement insurance coming in.

Been on many interviews, but I seem to missing something in them. I realize one thig, I am a chatty-Kathy. I reveal too much. But I'm 42, I lived a hard life, I know a lot of shit, yet the one thing I've never learned is play the game of buiness. I step up when I see things are illogical, and am one not to sit back and just take it. Disruptive employee is something I've never considered myself. I just like thinking logical. But the buiness world works with mutated mathematics, linear logic and tight sphincters.

And because its fear that drives every decision it makes. The only thing that trumps fear is greed; if you can make a buck at it, fear goes away. But what triumps over greed is stupidity. And in my experience, stupidity wins the day.

And because I know this, I fear this is what prevents me from getting even a semi-good job. I just don't know how to cover that, or let alone, let it not become obsessive in my life.

Oh, well, I will find something. It just may take me to relocate to find it. I love the West coast, and I want to live there.

No comments: