31 December 2021

Books: Books Read In 2021

 

In the remaining hours of 2021, I finished book 52. Like always, I tend to start the year off strong as I set a personal –yet stupid, in some way- goal to get a bunch of books read by the end of June. I think the reason I do so well during this period is I know as the days lengthen (though you really don’t notice that until mid to late February), I can use more natural light to read by. I find it difficult at times to read under artificial light –I get tired quicker and my eyes seem to cross more. As the days get longer and the weather produces less chilly weather, I find reading outside on the weekends to be best for me.

On the flipside, by the time the days shorten, the new TV season begins (even if I don’t watch much of them), I grow bored with reading. I slow to a snail’s pace, despite the hundreds of unread books that sit next to me. Of course mood and daily issues like work tend to drag me down as well –I mean work is exhausting and I hate it and wish to any magical beings in the universe to get me a job I’ll actually look forward to going to (or give me the winning lottery numbers).

But here we are, on the cusp of 2022. This will be a very difficult one, filled with COVID (still), a battle in DC over the Insurrection on January 6th, a mid-term election that could tip the States into Civil War.

 

This may be the year we can subtitle A Sacrifice of Angels.

 

01. The Constant Rabbit By Jasper Fforde

02. Double Feature By Donald E. Westlake

03. Captain Moxley and the Embers of the Empire By Dan Hanks

04. Ronan Doyle and Swamp of Certain Death By Thomas Lennon

05. Put a Lid on It By Donald E. Westlake

06. The Sentence is Death By Anthony Horowitz

07. Harrison Squared By Daryl Gregory

08. A Likely Story By Donald E. Westlake

09. We Are Completely Fine By Daryl Gregory

10. A Gentleman in Moscow By Amor Towles

11. Later By Stephen King

12. The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Smith

13. Memorial By Bryan Washington

14. The Collapsing Empire By John Scalzi

15. The Consuming Fire By John Scalzi

16. The Last Emperox By John Scalzi

17. Quicksand By Steve Toltz

18. Alternate Routes By Tim Powers

19. Forced Perspectives By Tim Powers

20. Doctor Who: Paradox Lost By George Mann

21. Doctor Who: Touched by an Angel By Jonathan Morris

22. Doctor Who: Hunter’s Moon By Paul Finch

23. In the Blood By Margaret Kirk

24. The Album of Dr. Moreau By Daryl Gregory

25. Deadly Edge by Richard Stark

26. Slayground by Richard Stark

27. Nature Girl By Carl Hiaasen

28. The 7 ½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle By Stuart Turton

29. Declare by Tim Powers

30. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo By Taylor Jenkins-Reid

31. Who Stole Sassi Manoon? By Donald E. Westlake

32. Black Buck By Mateo Askaripour

33. Doctor Who: Festival of Death By Jonathan Morris

34. The House on the Cerulean Sea By TJ Klune

35. Billy Summers By Stephen King

36. Dark Waters By Katherine Arden

37. The Thursday Murder Club By Richard Osman

38. Plunder Squad By Richard Stark

39. Dead Skip By Joe Gores

40. Shakespeare for Squirrels By Christopher Moore

41. The Colorado Kid By Stephen King

42. Raising Stony Mayhall By Daryl Gregory

43. Julia By Peter Straub

44. Doctor Who: The Secret in Vault 13 By David Solomons

45. Under the Whispering Door By TJ Klune

46. Groucho Marx, King of the Jungle By Ron Goulart

47. The Goblin Emperor By Katherine Addison

48. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

49. Swashbucklers by Dan Hanks

50. The Damsel By Richard Stark

51. The Long Call By Ann Cleeves

52. Calling Dr. Patchwork By Ron Goulart

 

No comments: