28 January 2008

Whirlwinded

There was a point in yesterday's shoot, that I wanted to leave and just chuck it all into the drink. I felt drained and stepped upon. Most of it had to do with not being able to shoot on location as planned, due to the rain that saturated the area starting on Friday. Thus, by default, the studio became a caged pen for me; locked in and tied down.

Then came the skills of certain actors who could not remember their lines. I would grant you that most actors have trouble with the techno-babble of Trek, but some just choose to remember some and hope to bluff their way through the rest.

And that, in my opinion is what causes most of our delays (the ironic part, maybe, is that even if the day was sunny, with all the blown lines, we might've run out of light to film). I can accept lighting issues, but topped that with the actors line issues, and we got a long ass day.

Still, that being said, I'm hopeful Rob will find good performances. Brandon was great, settleing nicely into his role as Ro. I have some serious worries that we'll have issues with him when it comes to Ro's sexuality, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Michelle, of course, was brilliant as well as our guest-actress, Melodee. She is a find, which is why after filming on Odyssey's Lotus Eaters episode, she'll pop-up in the next Helena Chronicles episode we film on 2/16.

When we wrap this coming Saturday on 1.03, it should be another year before I can get behind the camera again as director. At this point, I'll probably helm the second season opener of The Helena Chronicles.

But, unlike yesterday, I know this last shoot of The Lotus Eaters will go long. But, I'll have all of Sunday to recover.


No comments: