23 December 2006

Out with the old Dell printer in with a Epson.


I decided to buy a new printer today. Which really surprised me. I mean, really, I've not bought a lot of expensive things since, well, cash is always low, and it wasn't like there was anything wrong with the Dell printer I got when I bought this computer 18 months ago.

I did not realize at the time, was that when I bought the Dell Printer, I could only get ink from Dell. I could not, as the say, run out to Office Max and get some. This pissed me off for a number of reasons. First off, ink is way too expensive - it makes gas look like a deal. While I can understand that Dell likes to make money, but it seems rather short sighted of them. I mean, at $80 bucks, this Epson printer -which does everything my Dell did - is cheap. And I can buy ink right off the shelf. I hate the idea of ordering it online, then waiting, then hoping nothing happens to it in transit.

Plus, I can buy ink on sale. I'm sure Dell would never have a sale. It has a monoploy, why should they?

So, we'll see how this works out. Plus, I can download images from the future didgital camera I intend to buy in the coming months. Of course, my computer has a port for it, but so does, now, the printer. The Dell did not have that!

Anyway, Saturday is coming to a close, as darkness creeps in like a thief. It's cloudy and cool, but they are promising a smashing day for both Christmas Eve and Day; Monday they say it will be in the low 70's.

No comments: