15 June 2008

Last Week, Part 3

The behind of us as we started out at Universal
Star Trek: Intrepid leads Nick Cook and his lovely wife Lucy
Andrew and boy stud Will

With Alex stashed in the spare bedroom, I went to bed about 10:30 on Sunday. I told Alex that due to the typical LA traffic, we needed to get up early for the first of two Away Missions. So while it was nice to sleep in my own bed, and I was tired, I still slept fitfully. I was up at 6, but layed in bed until I heard Alex get up and shower.

Scheduled to met the cast and crew from HF and the fans who stayed after the convention at 9am at Universal City Walk, Alex and I got under way a little before 8 am. We ran into some traffic, but we got going in the carpool lane and made pretty good time on the 210 to the 134.

Alex and I eventually got there and met up with Rick. And while it took more than a half-hour plus to get all of us together, we ventured into Universal Studios for a fun day. It had been a way since I was last there, but I didn't mind. We went on the new Simpsons ride, which I liked a lot, though I was not impressed with other rides like Shrek 4D. The studio tour is always interesting and going when all the shows are in hiatus means we see more. They took us by the fire damaged New York Street area, though you could see very little of it, as a fence with green mesh hid most of it.

We traveled down the european streets and the block built for War of the Worlds -the scene where a plane crashes into a suburban block. We traveled done Wisteria Lane, which has been used for many streets in TV history.

Anyways, the day was a blast and as the park began to close at 7 we all headed over to Planet Hollywood for dinner. I called Stephen before he left and he came over to join us for dinner as well (along with Rob and Beo and Heather with baby Jayden).

Things were fine, and it was getting late, so as we headed out, I ran into Rob, Beo, Stephen and Heather talking about something. It turned out, after Stephen pulled it up on his i Phone, one of our crew members had outed himself on the boards. A guy everyone assumed was straight.

So, after that bomb shell, I tried to fin my car. Yep, I lost my car in the car park of Universal Studios. After almost an hour, I found it where I left it, got home and quickly fired up the computer to discover why this crew member had outed himself.

It was surprising, yet not. Tomorrow at Disneyland, I thought, was going to prove interesting.

And sleep that night, would prove to be elusive as the previous night.

To be concluded....

No comments: