26 December 2011

Books Read in 2011

Thanks to Borders going under, I was able to read a bit more than I would have this year. If I had continued working, I probably would have only finished about 28 books. I mean the last 4 out of 5 books well well over 500 pages, with King, Martin and Williams being between 700 to 900 plus. Basically, I probably would have finished Stephen King and been happy with it. Until I get a job, I'm going to work on a few long books. The next 4 books in the George R.R. Martin books total somewhere in the area of 4,000 pages, so that's first. I'm also wanting, for the first time since there original release dates, to re-read the 7 volume Harry Potter series, and re-read the entire Lord of the Rings series (including The Hobbit) before the end of next year (because The Hobbit film adaptation hits in December). All of this, or course, depends on if I get a job.

And I don't kill myself.

01. Horns by Joe Hill
02. Starbound by Joe Haldeman
03. Spooner by Pete Dexter
04. Beyonders by Brandon Mull
05. Shadowrise by Tad Williams
06. I Don’t Want To Kill You by Dan Wells
07. Star Trek: DTI: Watching the Clock by Christopher Bennett
08. A Dark Matter by Peter Straub
09. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
10. Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde
11. The Passage by Justin Cronin
12. The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde
13. Summer of Night by Dan Simmons
14. A Winter Haunting by Dan Simmons
15. Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde
16. First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde
17. The Bothers Sisters by Patrick de Witt
18. The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall
19. One of Our Thursdays is Missing by Jasper Fforde
20. Living Safely in a Science Fictional Universe by Charles Yu
21. The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
22. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
23. Star Trek: Ishmael by Barbara Hambly
24. The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde
25. Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde
26. The Fourth Bear by Jasper Fforde
27. Parrot & Olivier in America by Peter Carey
28. 11/22/63 by Stephen King
29. Canticle for Leibowitiz by Walter Miller, Jr.
30. The Poet by Michael Connelly
31. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
32. Shadowheart by Tad Williams

No comments: