01 July 2008

Wall-E (2008)

The crew at Pixar have had nine successful films, and its mostly because they know how to tell a story. This is what, in my opinion, has failed parent company, Walt Disney for years. Pixar's films are made with imput from everyone, and everyone gets a chance to shine.

Disney animated films of late are sad little pictures put together by demographic team who see profit in toys than telling a story kids and adults can enjoy.

And I think only Pixar could tell a story mostly empty of dialogue, and still get across the emotion needed to follow it. The visuals are wonderful, the CGI almost real looking , with some wonderful set pieces including a scene where the robots run wild that had me thinking of Monsters, Inc.

The enviormental message is there, and while it does not hit you over the head, I can see some people on the Right calling it very leftist.

Anyway, the film is rather brilliant and another flower in the hat of Pixar.

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

I enjoyed it. I thought the way people had evolved over the 700 years was frightening, because it seemed so possible.