24 July 2008

Rant

I was reading a story about Dark Knight star Christian Bale about the hullabaloo this past weekend in London. In the article, the writer says Bale is a very private person, and has yet to reveal the name of his daughter to the press and the public.

It struck me odd that either of these groups needed to know this. Who the fuck cares? Why do we have this bizarre fascination with celebrities? Why do we need to know everything about them? Why do we throw money at People, Us Weekly, OK Magazine to learn all the stuff we don't need to know?

Some claim (like TMZ), as public figures they leave all private matters behind, and that the public has a right to know, say, what the name of Bale's daughter.

Errr.....what?

I can careless (as a matter of fact, while I knew he was married, I was unaware he had a daughter, and I've lived a blissful life, not worrying a night away because I did not know it) about the private lives of any celebrity. At times, I feel the press does go out of their way to get photos and "create" stories to sell to magazines and so-called "entertainment" shows like Extra and almost everything on the E! Network. They hound people, wrapped in the American flag, and think its alright to talk to people like they're the best buds in the world.

American’s who watch reality shows like Tori Spelling and the Kardashians are pathetic, inhuman creatures, getting off on soulless, questionable morality, dysfunctional stars who have way too much money and time on their hands. And why that ugly-assed Paris Hilton is even considered a celebrity is beyond me.

These fools have never worked for a living, have been sheltered from the real world, and have no idea how to interact with normal people.

And American's think this is cute, and fun.

You all are a bunch of morons.

Christian Bale's problems are his own and I don't care, or even think, we need to know them. We certainly don't need to know the name of his daughter.

No comments: