30 July 2008

Post 'quake stuff

The epicenter of the quake was in Chino Hills, which is fairly close by, maybe 7 miles away. Most of the area was just shaken, though there were scattered power outages, and some damage here and there.

After the quake, I was working in the stockroom and heard helicopters going all over the place, looking for damage. Since there was little, beyond a handful of broken water lines, had some thrown garbage into the street, I'm sure they would've covered it.

Granted, its been 14 years since the last quake in an urban area, but I don't think we need the coverage.

Talked to my mother to calm her, back in Chicago. Told her also I'm planning a trip home in September. She was happy. I've not seen here since April of '06, so I guess it will be nice to have her nagging me for a few weeks.

The Breaking Dawn release party is scheduled for Friday. BW is the 4th book in the Twlight series by Stephanie Meyer. It's a vampire love story that is basically Buffy without the the girl being a superhero. Anyways, while I'm not working the August 1/2 release night, I'm thinking that all the people who are going to be there is goth girls in their black clothes, tons of black eye make up and their closeted homosexual emo boys, with thier hair pressed flat, wearing girls pants.

Jebus, I'm getting old. I just don't understand them.

No comments: