22 June 2007

Traveling shot

I want to fly back to Chicago in August. However, I’m having issues with the cost of the plane ticket. I mean, I work retail for god sakes.

The cheapest I’ve seen so far is $254. While that seems a tad expensive, it’s alright. I guess. I would also have to fly on a Tuesday to get that fare, which I really don’t have an issue with, also. My biggest problem is working in friends and family, without earning the wrath of my mother.

Plus there would be an issue with accommodations and getting around. All of them live a good driving distance from each other, plus all of my friends live in Chicago.

To be honest, the one reason I want to go back is for Halsted Market Days, August 10th and 11th. It’s one of the biggest street fairs in the city, drawing a crowd that is almost as large as the Pride Parade. It’s also in the heart of Boys Town, so it has plenty of hot guys (and girls), with all the bars spilling out onto the street.

As a street fair, it has your typical stuff, but its basically a huge garage sale. I actually enjoy it more than the Parade.

So, if I was to go home, I would need a place to stay. Obviously, my Mom’s would be the most logical. But, as much as I love her, I don’t want to be stuck in suburbia hell without a car. And since they moved down to one car, I would be trapped with her.

My older sister would be better, as she is not working. Plus we get along so good, I would personally just like to stay there. But there still is a travel issue. I don’t know, maybe I should rent a car. Plus that opens a whole new kettle of fish, as my mom would see it as a slap in the face.

Of course, then they would have me for Wednesday (cause, as of now, the only flight in on that day -August 7 - arrives at midnight), Thursday and part of Friday, before I would want to go downtown to see my friends. Now, my friend M said I could stay with him if I was to visit, and I’m hoping he keeps up that promise. So, Friday, Saturday and Sunday would be covered. That would leave me with just Monday and some of Tuesday to visit family.

So essentially, I think I could not see everyone because my weekend would be spent in Chicago. I know, I just know, I would hear grief for this.

And, if I fly in and not tell anyone, then there will be hell to pay also.

Damned if I do, damned if I don’t.