10 October 2008

Kiss these retailers goodbye

I've heard rumors on both Talbot's and Circuit City closing for months, especially the City. Now The Motley Fools are including Borders, which is no huge surprise.

There is, in my opinion, no way this company can survive the dark holiday season we are bound have. Thus Borders fate is sealed, but I'm unsure what they plan to do. Though one speculation is the company will be sold (and much like that happened to Tower Records, I'm guessing no one will want us -too much debt. Liquidation seems likely sometime next March).

But much like the recession no one will admit we're in, Borders pretends that its safe. But everyone inside the business world, already knows the book company is doomed.

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

I thought of you when I saw that yesterday. Looks like a long vacation coming up for you ; )