09 January 2009

Earthquake, part 2

Back in July, a 5.4 Earthquake rattled the Inland Empire. I was at work when it happened, but last night when a 4.5 hit, I was at home, peeing. Not because it scared me, but because that's what I was doing at 7:49 pm when it happened.

So, there I was peeing when I heard noise that, oddly, sounded like the neighbors slamming their door. At first, I thought it was just that, then the noise happened again, this time only louder. It was then, I realized I was experiencing another earthquake.

It lasted a mere, maybe 15 seconds, but there you go. With in an hour, there were three aftershakes, none which I felt.

So, I went on with my night.

Today, I took the day off from work -I have enough personal time to take two-weeks off - and went to Disneyland again. Unlike on Sunday, I went on a few rides.

I have problems taking time off of work. It's not that I feel they can't continue without me, it's just that when I was in High School, it was drilled into my head by my teachers that if you take time off, someone has to your job and their job.

But today, and the rest of 2009, I've decided that I will no longer feel horrible that I've earned this time off -I also have an additional 33 hours of vacation time. Long weekends look to be in my future over the next couple of months, and I enjoy going to Disneyland, so there you go.

by the way, looks like spring is coming here for a few days, as warm weather (some predictions have an 80 in the IE by Sunday) is on the way.

Yea!


No comments: