05 July 2010

Weekend ramblings



Saturday started like most over since work ended with HFP Productions, with a jaunt over to my local Starbucks (I awoke at 5:30 with a headache. Since I was tired, I grab some aspirin instead of Excedrin, because of that's pills high dose of caffeine and went back to bed. I cat napped for about two hours, but the headache, while reduced, was still there). I had posted a week earlier that I was going to read The Girl Who Played With Fire, but I did not really start it until this Saturday. I'm now over 200 pages into it.

After that, I came home and puttered around the house. Ate lunch, read some more and eventually headed over to Disneyland with my friend Kes. Spent five hours there, having fun.

Yesterday, I again had a headache when I woke up, but this time I was able to get rid of it pretty fast. I spent the morning back at Starbucks, then came home and went to the store to pick up a few things for dinner. Then sat outside the rest of the day watching the people arrive for the fireworks, which take place on the school grounds/park area here in La Verne directly accross the street from me. They started packing Bonita High School parking lot at around four, and as a people watcher, its fun to see the wide variety of people who interact here.

My housemate got home at about 5:30, and he grilled up the hamburgers we had for dinner (I'm a great cook, though I cannot for the life of me cook on the grill). At nine the fireworks started.

It was a nice day, all said and done. The weather here has been perfect, and apparently today was the 18th day in row with below normal temps, and we're in our 7th month straight of below normal temps. So when the high of 82 yesterday and 81 today -when it could be near 100 - I'm not complaining. The heat, however, arrives towards the end of the week. Next weekend we're suppose to hit the mid 90's (though in Palm Springs and Las Vegas, the temps are where they normally are during this time of year). But it's a dry heat, they say.

No comments: