23 March 2008

Zombie around the clock

JayTee called me at about 10 minutes to 10 last night and asked if I wanted to be a zombie. I knew what he was talking about, somewhat. Over the last few weeks he had mentioned something about being a zombie in a movie, though I'll admit I thought it had to do with his movie he is preparing.

Well, I was wrong, as it turned out this zombie was for an extra in a movie called Dead Air, being directed by former LA Law actor Corbin Bernsen.

So, after some hemming and hawing -after all, it was nearly 10 and I had been up since 7 am - I decided, what the heck. So, I showered and head towards LA.

After finding the place, on north Figueroa Street, I got made up as a zombie.

Met up with JayTee and Sharon, and producer Sonia - who also plays a recurring role on our Star Trek show, The Helena Chronicles. We worked, long and hard. Now, having worked on HF and assorted projects for the last two plus years, I know how productions can go on and on. You can't plan for everything, including shots.

We filmed outside, which meant we had to get everything done before the sun rises. So, we worked, took time off at about 3am for "lunch" and returned to finish off what was needed by the director.

We wrapped at about 6:45am. I was home by 7:30, now realizing I have been awake for over 24 hours. The last time that happened, I was 20 years younger. I went to bed, and slept until 1.

It was fun, and I would do it again. But the next time, I would like some notice before hand so I can get some rest before spending the entire night running around like a zombie.

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

How spontaneous of you. Sounds like fun, though 24 hours awake would have wrecked me.