01 March 2008

Boring Saturday

After 3 weekend of working on ODY/HC and other things, I've have a weekend to myself. And I'll be damned if I'm not bored out of my mind. Granted, today was crappy weather day, which is just ironic, but I'll let that pass.

Still, got a bit time reading over at Starbucks and got caught up on all four episodes of Torchwood I'ved DVR'd. So yea.

It's funny, really. Kind of missed not working over at Rob's, even though I bitched about working too much there. On Wednesday, The Lotus Eaters, the third episode of Odyssey was released in the chat room. This is the first episode I've directed for this show, and while I'm satisfied with it, I'm not completley happy with it.

The writing was fine, and Rob's editing really saved it, but I felt something was a bit wonky with it, as it featured way too much exposition and not enough clear explanation as to the main plot. The good thing that came out of this was seeing Brandon and Michelle work together. They have great chemistry and it comes across when they're on the screen together.

And Brandon, completing his second episode as Ro, seems to be settling in very nicley. He seems more confident and relaxed. So, with the exception of an actor, the acting of the others -including the secondary cast members -were better.

The Lotus Eaters should be out for general release sometime next week. In the meantime, production on 1.04 begins in a week. I'm not working on the episode too much, and will be the first time in 2 years I've not worked on an episode, but that was my choice.

Now, BTW, I've got a headache.

Crap

No comments: