04 February 2008

Dumb cow of a woman at Target

I was walking through Target today and saw something that drives me up a wall. Sure, maybe I've worked retail for too long, but when I see someone lay down an item they do not want in the place other than where they picked it up, I almost want to yell at them.

So this lady, probably my age, is out with her daughter -who she probably treats more like a friend than a parent. The daughter is pushing the cart, well, laying on it because her life is so difficult - and the mom is paging through a tabloid. Now she just probably picked it up as the walked passed the magazine rack. But instead of putting it back where she picked it, she just puts it on the shelf in the DVD section. As a matter of fact, she had to make an effort to place the rag, so it did not topple to the floor like a dead leaf.

What is wrong with people? Of all the retail survey's I've ever seen, one of the big things these people ask for is respect. That some how, the employee's treat them like crap.

Okay. I. Get. That.

But what about treating us with respect? Is it so hard to return the item you do not want back to the place you picked up from? I feel that sometimes the hate is justified, when I see some cow of a mother doing that in front of her child. Because, as the saying goes, monkey sees, monkey does.

But, I think, retail appears to be one the last areas where customers can get away with shit like this. Our corporate offices want us to love and treat these people with kindness and respect, while they tread over us and do what ever goddamn thing they want. And we can't complain, we can't say fair is fair, because the customer is always right.

So, America, what's your issue with just laying things, hiding things anywhere in our storesa because to put it away, would be too much of an effort? I want to respect you, but you have to do the same for us. Treat us like humans, and not like the dirt under over priced shoes, and we'll give you all the service you like.

But, until you do, expect an outburst from me when some bored housewife, wishing she lived like those cows of Real Housewives of Orange County, trolls through Target and cannot put something back in the right place.

What a fuckwad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really, was this post and all the name calling necessary?

Take some time and look internally before you throw those stones my friend.

Breathe. Sit still and let your mind relax before you post another hate filled post.

David said...

Thanks for viewing. Though, it would've been nice to see you post other than anon.

That's bold, though some might say its rude.

Beyond that, it's my blog. I write what I feel. And because I'm a nice guy, I did not let the lady at Target have it, so I did it here.