25 February 2008

Weekend Update

It was a busy weekend, one full of joy and honor and one filled with a little distrust and a growing sense that I may have to exit a fan series I simply still enjoy doing. Well, to a certain point.

Anyways, on Saturday I went to a buddhist memorial at Wat Thai (Los Angeles), located in North Hollywood. It was given for the mother of my friend JT, who passed in January. Of course, I knew nothing of what the monk said about JT's mother, but I was honored to be part of what was his mother's near final journey -her ashes have yet to be spread.

In what I hope was a big surprise to JT's family, especially his dad who still has issues with his gay son, that JT has huge group of friends. I would say more than 20 people -mostly people associated with Hidden Frontier - where there to support JT. Of course, there was Adam's parents (JT's boyfriend) but the majority was HF people.

Later, we had lunch with the monks. Well, they had lunch first, then us. All in all, I was very proud of JT and it made me happy that we could be here for him.

I spent the rest of the day with JT, going back to his place with Adam and Carlos, who's still working on their film, Judas Kiss, together. It was a very nice, but tiring day. I got home early enough to watch SNL, but as usual, I fell asleep before the first half-hour was up. I should've taped it.

Sunday was to be the final shoot on episode 2 of The Helena Chronicles. After recent events -JT's announcemnt that he was stepping down as producer and telling Rob of his personal feelings about HF Productions and a certain person - I was a bit worried that it would be a tense day.

It turned 0ut rather well, as everyone seemed to be extra nice to each other. Other than that bit of oddness, it was an easy day. After we wrapped, I watched the episode of Odyssey I directed, The Lotus Eaters, which comes out in chat on Wednesday and later in the week for general viewers. I'm not happy with it, but that's nobody's fault really. Rob did -as always - an excellent job of editing. Some how, he found all the right material to make the episode work.

It's fault, mostly, lies in what turned out to be the most diffcult scheduling I've yet expierenced with this fan series. Since December 1st, the schedule for ODY 1.03 and HC 1.02 where just a freakin' mess.

And as I said, yesterday was suppose to be the final shoot of HC 1.02, but a sick actress has caused it to be pushed until next Sunday. Of course, it's probably less than an hour, but I was looking forward to be far away from those studios next weekend. Sigh.

And thanks to JT, I'll not be the assistant director on ODY 1.04, which begins on March 9. I plan to spend little time there during its production, just to relax before work begins on Operation Beta Shield (which, I agree with Carlos, is a dumb title) in April/May.

Missed the first 2 hours of the Oscars, but for the first time in years, I could care less.


No comments: