20 April 2007

Things Fall Apart

I want him


I think I have a strange case of OCD.

I like things being in order, which, while a Virgo tendency, it does betray me sometime. Like today, for some odd reason, we got 2 pallets of books. Friday delivery is not normal, as we usually get our stuff on Tuesday's and Thursday.

This just made me angry -and not getting a return call back from corporate about why we got one -and as I found out later, Chino got one too - just fustrated me also. Andy, the calm Inventory manager he is, just said it was alright and that I should not worry.

But, you see, I do. It bothers me that the inventory will now sit in the back for 2 days, until Monday. That means if there is something someone wants, the employee will have to slog through the carts to find it. They should'nt have to do that. It's unfair to the customer. And, afterall, Borders is so anal about customer service.

I'm sure my blood pressure got boiling. But I should be able to let it go. I should be able to say that it's fine, and will get by. Of course, I don't. I fret, I get short when people talk to me, and I say things I do not mean.

I love living in a world where things are in order. Well, really, just work. My room is a mess and while it does bother me to a certain point, I don't go all Joan Crawford in Mommie Deariest. But at work, I need order, I need A to go to B and I hate when the tipping point gets tipped.

I would love to be able to take a deep breath and let it out and move on, but I seem not to able to do that.

OCD or just to dumb to let it go?

No comments: