22 November 2006

Thanksgiving 2006


This is the second Thanksgiving here in California away from the family. And, as far as I know, I'll be all by myself. B is off to his friends, and I'm sure they would not mind having me, but I just don't want to go.

I told Beo this past Saturday while film HF and JT's short film, that I feel I'm losing my gay identity. B is great, but it's had to have a conversation about anything gay, when your roommate is still queasy on the subject. And hence, spending time with Tim, who is a conservetive republican, on a Thanksgiving seems misguided at best.

Besides, I've never be fond of this holiday. I understand what it means -the harvest and being thankful for things like family and such, but I always remember it being days of preperation, short tempers and a day full of dull, inane conversation. Plus, not a football person, with nothing else on, I got bored. Sure the food was great, and stuffed myself, but it was just a day to devore tons of fatting food, and nothing else.

So, hopefully, Bill will understand when I say I don't need or want to got to Tim's. I'm happy, to be alone. Hey, I can catch 007, also.

Anyway, to all those who will be spending time with their family, have a great Thanksgiving.

Be safe and don't drink and drive.

No comments: