19 August 2007

Weekend stuff

Filming yesterday continued on 1.02 of Star Trek: Odyssey. We filmed my scenes as Vito with Adam. It was a very warm day, one the made me a little skittish of the day. I felt, a bit, not myself on Saturday. I was tired, after a long week of not sleeping very well. This happens to me, on occasion. It's usually a week where, for some reason, I don't get a full night's sleep. I wake up a few times, mostly from dreams that I don't remember. Of course, there was a few nights when I should've gone to bed as early as 10pm because I get up at 4:30 or so. But, I would stay up until 11:30 or later.

This would cause me to worry about getting enough sleep, thus I would toss and turn. Also, add on the warm nights. For a week now, the heat of summer has finally taken its toll. Days in the 100's, with the night time lows taking forever to reach into the low 70's.

Anyways, as the day went on, after I had gotten made up as Vito, I ate lunch. The problem was, it was like 2pm and I had not eaten anything except for handful of cookies. I was getting a headache. We filmed our scenes, taking a few hours to do it. Thankfully, Andrew was there to read book. Adam, bless his heart, is so easy to work with and I think our Thursday "rehearsal" helped the scene -and surprisedly, maybe, Beo seemed open to our suggestions.

So, by the time we finished, I had a bad headache. I took some aspirin, but after an hour or so, I still felt terrible. The headache pain was reduced, but did not fully go away. I guess I needed more food, or some caffeine -but neither was available.

I stayed until the end of filming, and tried to clean up -my duties as AD. But even cleaning the brushes from the makeup made my head hurt, and as I just stood in front of the sink, I was breaking out in a sweat.

So, after many people telling me to leave -including Andrew, who has more health issues than I - I took off. I got home and took some more aspirin and sat in front of the air condintioner. But I grew tired, and ended up on the living room floor, trying to watch TV.

At 9:30, Ice Age came on FX. I started to watch it, but I kept closing my eyes. About 25 minutes later, I thought this was stupid and went to bed. It was 9:55 on a Staurday. And I was in bed. Alone.


I woke up at about 3:30 this morning. The headache was, to my surprise, still there. Again, the pain was reduced, but it was still there. I turned off the window fan and crawled back into bed. I selpt another 3 hours.

I stayed in bed, watching the TV until 9, where I got dressed and headed over to Starbucks for a very hot mocha and to finish The Ruins by Scott Smith.

Needless to say, the headache finally departed this afternoon, after another round of pills, and some hotdogs.

Dinner came late tonight, and watched 300 with Bill. Dumb movie, 300 is. While the story is based on fact, I'm confused as to why they added all The Lord of The Rings fantasy to it. In the end, it was violent film, bloddy and one I generally avoid. Hot guys in leather is not enough reason to watch it.

So, that's yesterday and today.

Life goes on.

No comments: