17 December 2007

Monday this and that

It's the last week before Christmas, and its bound to be a hellish one at that. I guess, for some reason, I'm always surprised that people would wait until the final push to finish up their shopping. Granted, with colleges out now, this is the students only real time to do the shopping, yet I'm still amazed at what people will do during these final days.

Besides, I've often joked, that this is also the week that people will buy almost anything. Things that've not sold all year, put in front, suddenly vanish.

Anyway, got a late start today, by over sleeping. That is a rarity with me. But the day, driven by many customers, did make the day fly. Monday, it seemed, end before it began.

The RM, our DM's boss, is suppose to visit on Thursday. Now, I don't mind seeing this Tim guy, but why so close to Christmas? All the managers and supervisors should be working, helping the customers and not worrying and entertaining these guys.

I want Tim there, to see how well the store looks, but not 4 days before the end of the holiday buying season. I'm not going to worry so much, but I think its dumb.

And the final thought, we're do for more rain. Yes, great for the LA basin, but bad for business. But then again, it is the last week before...

Ah, forget it.

No comments: