10 December 2007

Snow, cold and work

The San Bernardino Hills have snow on them, thanks to the low that past through the area on Saturday night. On sunday, in the bright sunlight, the hills looked picture perfect. Despite the sun being out all day today, the hills still have snow on them, but most should be gone before the weekend.

The sun will melt most of it, except in areas that are mostly shaded, because a high is moving in. And, apparently, they're expecting more rain next week, though at this time, nothing is certain. Temps will remain about normal -mid 60's, with Thursday being the warmest.

I'm not complaining, really. Better than the ice storm that's gripping the midwest. I was watching WGN tonight, and they interviewed people who are already tired of the nasty weathe December has brought them. And, according to Tom Skilling, another ice storm is due tomorrow.

And, I got to admit, these cold mornings and wet days are good for the area. I actually would not mind some more rain, but that opens a can or worms I don't want to even think about.

Rain= no buisness in an open mall.

The only thing I still can't get in the mood for is Christmas, which is two weeks from Tuesday. That means, of course, the final stretch. Customers will be ansty and will have little, or no patience. Saw some of that today.

As typical, because they waited to the last minute, it's our fault we don't have what they need.

Oh, well, as I say every year, this will be my last Christmas in retail.

Funny how that never comes true.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

No comments: