28 December 2008

Books read in 2008

01. Next -Michael Crichton
02. Duma Key -Stephen King
03. V -The Second Generation -Kenneth Johnson
04. Blaze -Richard Bachman (AKA Stephen King)
05. Then We Came to the End - Joshua Ferris
06. Company -Max Barry
07. Heart-Shaped Box -Joe Hill
08. New Wilderness -Brian S. Matthews
09. City on the Currents -Brian S. Matthews
10. The Yiddish Policeman’s Union -Michael Chabon
11. How I Paid for College -Marc Acito
12. Attack of the Theater People -Marc Acito
13. Darkmans -Nicole Barker
14. Bad Monkeys - Matt Ruff
15. An Arsonists Guide to Writers' Homes in New England -Brock Clarke
16. The Accidental Time Machine -Joe Haldeman
17. Playing for Pizza -John Grisham
18. The Ghost -Robert Harris
19. Dead Until Dark -Charliane Harris
20. Living Dead in Dallas -Charliane Harris

Not one nonfiction book on this list, though I gave the college try to The World is Flat. I'll finish it, but probably not until 2009. Pop fiction took over the list this year, though there was a few attempts at some literary titles. Still, I have bunch more pop fiction sitting besides me, along with a bunch of nonfiction history books.

I'm wondering if 2009 will be more of a reading year, as I spend less and less time in front of the TV (though I spend way too much time on the internet), because it sucks so much.

No comments: